Thursday 24 April 2014

2D Race Car Characters Research



This is the Research that I have done for my animation and some images of what my characters that I am going to design will look like. I will design the characters from these images and use these as my inspiration to draw my characters. I have chosen to look at the wacky racers for my 2D animation research is because it is the most famous car racing program that aired on Cartoon Network and most kids when they were growing up would watch the Wacky Racers one of things that Wacky racers and Cartoon Network didn't do was bring out a game for this so successful program because even though it isn't aired on Television as much now people still go out ad buy the DVDs for Wacky Racers in DVD shops or still watch the program online.



Another program that I looked at when before creating my animation was Mario Kart this is because Mario Kart keeps on getting re booted as a game because it is so popular with parents buying it for there children to play on there games consoles such as the Wii U the Nintendo DS. Mario Kart has been going for over 10 years there has been games on the Gameboy Colour such as Wario Racer and Mario Super Circuit in 2001. Then came the Gameboy Advance where Mario Kart came back on to handheld games consoles then Nintendo brought out the Nintendo DS and the first games to be released onto this handheld games console was Mario Kart and in the Nintendo DSs first year of sales of games this game was always in the top 10 charts for parents of children themselves buying this game to play on in the year 2006 After this when Nintendo launched the Nintendo Wii around 2008 Nintendo released Mario Kart Wii in 2010 and when you bought this game they gave you a wheel so when playing the game if you turned the wheel left it would then turn the car left if you turned the car right it would then turn the car right as well so this was massive for Mario kart and Nintendo and this is why I chose to base my idea around Mario Kart.

No comments:

Post a Comment