Saturday 5 April 2014

2D Animation Research Mario Kart


Before creating my animation Lets Race I decided to do some research into racing games and I thought that Mario Kart would be the best to do some research on and have a look at the gameplay and take some inspiration from it for when I create my animation. The inspirations that I took from this game was I decided to add the Ready Steady Go tune at the start of my race and I also used the music at the end from Mario Kart for the Nintendo 64. I also took some inspirations from the colours of the cars that are on Mario Kart because all of there are different colours such as Red Blue etc and I decided to make my cars Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. One more inspiration I took from Mario kart was the idea of using objects to take you off tracks and I used banana skins for when the drivers are driving so they would fall of the track and go into water and this would then rule them out of the rest of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment